Blog Post For : rules update
Appellate Division, Second Department Rules Update
Effective March 8, 2018, the Appellate Division, Second Department updated two provisions of its court rules, as described here. The changes impact procedures regarding (1) orders to show cause and (2) communications with the court regarding new authorities after the case has been calendared. The full version of the Second Departments' rules is available here. Orders to Show Cause and Applications Pursuant to CPLR 5704 It has long been the practice that reasonable notice (usually defined as at least 24 hours) must be given to all parties before an order to show cause is brought in the Second Department. Historically,…Read more
- Expansion of E-filing in Appellate Division, First Department
- U.S. Court of Appeal for the Tenth Circuit has posted proposed rule changes; Public comment ends 10/25/19
- Perfecting Appeals in the Appellate Term, Second Department
- The New York Appellate Division, Fourth Department announces expansion of e-filing categories starting October 1, 2019
- What Does it Mean to “Settle” a Transcript?