Blog Post For : oral argument
California Appellate Courts and Time from Briefing to Decision — When will Oral Argument take place? When will the Court of Appeal file its Opinion?
These are questions clients ask their attorneys, and the attorneys ask me. These questions are not so easy to answer. It depends on the Court, the court’s case load and the complexity of the issues in the appeal in question. It’s a process that takes time. After the appeal is fully briefed, the court will issue a Notice regarding oral argument. The First Appellate District’s Notice indicates that if the Notice is not returned within 10 days by either party stating argument is requested, the oral argument will be deemed waived. The First Appellate District Court of Appeal is the…Read more
- Deferred Joint Appendix 2CC (NW)
- How to digitally file motion and application papers in appeals that are not subject to e-filing in the New York Appellate Division, Fourth Department
- Communicating and Interacting with the Courts during Covid-19
- Court Closures for Christmas and New Year’s holiday season
- Expansion of E-filing in Appellate Division, First Department