Blog Post For : Federal Circuit
Federal Circuit Reverses Dismissal of Patent Infringement Complaint
Federal Circuit Reverses Dismissal of Patent Infringement Complaint See Nalco Co. v. Chem-Mod, LLC, Appeal No. 17-1036 (Fed. Cir. Feb. 27, 2018) In Nalco Co. v. Chem Mod, LLC, the Federal Circuit reversed the district court’s dismissal of Nalco’s Fourth Amended Complaint, finding that Nalco had adequately pled its patent infringement claims and that the district court erred in concluding that Nalco had failed to make sufficient factual allegations to support its infringement claims. The Court held that Nalco need not prove its case of patent infringement at the pleading stage. Rather, the purpose of a complaint is to put…Read more
- Expansion of E-filing in Appellate Division, First Department
- U.S. Court of Appeal for the Tenth Circuit has posted proposed rule changes; Public comment ends 10/25/19
- Perfecting Appeals in the Appellate Term, Second Department
- The New York Appellate Division, Fourth Department announces expansion of e-filing categories starting October 1, 2019
- What Does it Mean to “Settle” a Transcript?