Blog Post For : CJA client
A Primer on Criminal Justice Act Appointment in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals
The Criminal Justice Act (“CJA”) provides federal funds for attorneys, experts and services necessary for the adequate representation of indigent criminal defendants. The CJA requires each Court to implement its own CJA plan to facilitate the representation of CJA clients. The focus of this article is CJA appointments in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. However, every Federal Court (both District Courts and Courts of Appeals) has its own CJA plan, which should be consulted prior to applying for or accepting a CJA appointment. The following is a summary of the pertinent portions of the Plan. The full Plan can…Read more
- Expansion of E-filing in Appellate Division, First Department
- U.S. Court of Appeal for the Tenth Circuit has posted proposed rule changes; Public comment ends 10/25/19
- Perfecting Appeals in the Appellate Term, Second Department
- The New York Appellate Division, Fourth Department announces expansion of e-filing categories starting October 1, 2019
- What Does it Mean to “Settle” a Transcript?