Mandatory E-Filing expands in the Appellate Division Fourth Department
Beginning with notices of appeal dated October 1, 2019, mandatory e-filing will apply to all civil matters not arising from the Family Court. Additionally, notices of appeal filed on or after October 1, 2019, in Criminal and Family Court matters will be subject to voluntary e-filing in the Appellate Division, Fourth Department.
A party that has voluntarily e-filed their appeal will be required to serve their adversary a notice of e-filing along with an entry of initial information for electronic filing pursuant to 22 NYCRR 1245.3. Any other party may voluntarily participate in e-filing, and e-filling is encouraged in all matters.
For notices of appeal dated on or after January 1, 2020, in Criminal and Family Court matters, e-filing in the Appellate Division, Fourth Department will be mandatory.
If you have any questions or if you would like assistance on one of your appeals, please call us at 212-213-3222.
- Court Closures for Christmas and New Year’s holiday season
- Expansion of E-filing in Appellate Division, First Department
- U.S. Court of Appeal for the Tenth Circuit has posted proposed rule changes; Public comment ends 10/25/19
- Perfecting Appeals in the Appellate Term, Second Department
- The New York Appellate Division, Fourth Department announces expansion of e-filing categories starting October 1, 2019