California Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division Three: New Rule Change
Starting September 26, 2016, Division 3 joined the rest of the Fourth Appellate Divisions to require mandatory e-filing through the TrueFiling system for all attorneys. Self-represented parties may, but are not required to, register for electronic filing. However, they must comply with the rules and requirements of TrueFiling if they volunteer to register.
Please note that filing through TrueFiling does not waive your obligation to serve the superior court with a hard copy of your brief. For electronic briefs, bookmarks are mandatory and will be rejected if not included. Hyperlinks are encouraged, but not required. Furthermore, all files are limited to 25 MB in size.
Updated Local Rule 5 sets forth the requirements for filing, service and formatting or, for a thorough update on the procedural changes, please contact the AppealTech Los Angeles office at (213) 402-4890.
- Deferred Joint Appendix 2CC (NW)
- How to digitally file motion and application papers in appeals that are not subject to e-filing in the New York Appellate Division, Fourth Department
- Communicating and Interacting with the Courts during Covid-19
- Court Closures for Christmas and New Year’s holiday season
- Expansion of E-filing in Appellate Division, First Department