Blog Post For : Second Department
Journey Into the Digital Age of Appellate Division Practice: An Exploration of 2018 Rule Developments
AppealTech, in conjunction with the New York City Bar Association, will present: "Journey Into the Digital Age of Appellate Division Practice: An Exploration of 2018 Rule Developments" Register today to find out more on how appeals will be e-filed, which formatting rules are changing and what the new digital requirements are. The panel will address how the recently implemented Uniform E-filing Rules and upcoming Uniform Procedural Rules of the Appellate Divisions have impacted all four Departments. Jacquelyn Mouquin, Senior Appellate Counsel at AppealTech, will be leading the panel discussion featuring; the Honorable Alan D. Scheinkman, Presiding Justice of the Appellate Division, Second Department; Vince Chirico,…Read more
Requesting Oral Argument: Procedural Aspects in the New York Appellate Division
It may not be the most glamorous of topics to discuss, but the procedural requirements of requesting oral argument for your appeal are important to keep in mind in light of the new Statewide Practice Rules for the New York Appellate Division implemented on September 17, 2018. As you work on preparing a brief for filing with the court, your assumptions regarding oral argument may not necessarily be in line with the new rules. Here are a few basics to keep in mind: How do I request time for oral argument on my appeal? Rule 1250.8(a) states that the upper…Read more
- Journey Into the Digital Age of Appellate Division Practice: An Exploration of 2018 Rule Developments
- Unavailability for Oral Argument Dates in the Appellate Division, First and Second Departments: What to Do
- Not So Fast! California Appellate Courts’ TrueFiling 3.0 Upgrade is on Hold for All Courts but Two.
- TrueFiling 3.0 is Coming to the California Appellate Courts. Get Ready to Upgrade.
- FRAP Rule Amendment: You now have 21 days, up from 14 days, to file a Reply Brief in Federal Court