Blog Post For : Record
Need More Time? How to Get an Extension (Enlargement) to Perfect Your Appeal/File Your Brief in the NY Appellate Divisions or Second Circuit
The Rolling Stones memorably sang that “Time is on My Side,” but with the realities and demands of the legal profession, there simply aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything completed and filed when due. So, here’s a quick primer on how to request an extension (or an enlargement of time, if that’s the nomenclature used) to file your Record, Appendix or Brief at the NY Appellate Divisions or in federal court at the Second Circuit. Appellate Division, First Department If you are the appellant seeking an enlargement of time to perfect your appeal in the First Department, a…Read more
- The New York Appellate Division, Fourth Department announces expansion of e-filing categories starting October 1, 2019
- What Does it Mean to “Settle” a Transcript?
- Supplementing the Record on Appeal Versus Enlarging the Scope of the Record in the New York Appellate Division, Second Department
- Applications for Expedited Relief in the Appellate Division, First Department
- Perfecting Appeals in the Appellate Term First Department