Blog Post For : Record
Need More Time? How to Get an Extension (Enlargement) to Perfect Your Appeal/File Your Brief in the NY Appellate Divisions or Second Circuit
The Rolling Stones memorably sang that “Time is on My Side,” but with the realities and demands of the legal profession, there simply aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything completed and filed when due. So, here’s a quick primer on how to request an extension (or an enlargement of time, if that’s the nomenclature used) to file your Record, Appendix or Brief at the NY Appellate Divisions or in federal court at the Second Circuit. Appellate Division, First Department If you are the appellant seeking an enlargement of time to perfect your appeal in the First Department, a…Read more
- Journey Into the Digital Age of Appellate Division Practice: An Exploration of 2018 Rule Developments
- Unavailability for Oral Argument Dates in the Appellate Division, First and Second Departments: What to Do
- Not So Fast! California Appellate Courts’ TrueFiling 3.0 Upgrade is on Hold for All Courts but Two.
- TrueFiling 3.0 is Coming to the California Appellate Courts. Get Ready to Upgrade.
- FRAP Rule Amendment: You now have 21 days, up from 14 days, to file a Reply Brief in Federal Court