Blog Post For : Notice of Appeal
Statewide Practice Rules Will Have Significant Effect on Pending First Department Appeals
On February 6, 2018, Chief Judge Janet DiFiore announced that the Statewide Practice Rules of the Appellate Division (the “Statewide Practice Rules”) will be implemented in all four departments, effective September 15, 2018. With respect to appeals in the First Department, perhaps the most notable change is that the deadline to perfect will be shortened to six months from the date of the Notice of Appeal. First Department Appellants will be permitted to stipulate to a 60-day enlargement (or two Calendar Terms), and thereafter, will be permitted to request an additional 30-day (or one Calendar Term) enlargement by letter to…Read more
- FRAP Rule Amendment: You now have 21 days, up from 14 days, to file a Reply Brief in Federal Court
- Re: Enlargements of Time in the First Department
- Requesting Oral Argument: Procedural Aspects in the New York Appellate Division
- Are you complying with the Second Department’s new requirement to hyperlink your digital brief to all case citations?
- Letter Applications to the Appellate Division: How to File Them