Blog Post For : federal court
Need More Time? How to Get an Extension (Enlargement) to Perfect Your Appeal/File Your Brief in the NY Appellate Divisions or Second Circuit
The Rolling Stones memorably sang that “Time is on My Side,” but with the realities and demands of the legal profession, there simply aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything completed and filed when due. So, here’s a quick primer on how to request an extension (or an enlargement of time, if that’s the nomenclature used) to file your Record, Appendix or Brief at the NY Appellate Divisions or in federal court at the Second Circuit. Appellate Division, First Department If you are the appellant seeking an enlargement of time to perfect your appeal in the First Department, a…Read more
- Requesting Oral Argument: Procedural Aspects in the New York Appellate Division
- Are you complying with the Second Department’s new requirement to hyperlink your digital brief to all case citations?
- Letter Applications to the Appellate Division: How to File Them
- New York Appellate Division: Final Version of Statewide Practice Rules and Local Rules
- Statewide Practice Rules Will Have Significant Effect on Pending First Department Appeals