Blog Post For : CJA
A Primer on Criminal Justice Act Appointment in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals
The Criminal Justice Act (“CJA”) provides federal funds for attorneys, experts and services necessary for the adequate representation of indigent criminal defendants. The CJA requires each Court to implement its own CJA plan to facilitate the representation of CJA clients. The focus of this article is CJA appointments in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. However, every Federal Court (both District Courts and Courts of Appeals) has its own CJA plan, which should be consulted prior to applying for or accepting a CJA appointment. The following is a summary of the pertinent portions of the Plan. The full Plan can…Read more
- TrueFiling 3.0 is Coming to the California Appellate Courts. Get Ready to Upgrade.
- FRAP Rule Amendment: You now have 21 days, up from 14 days, to file a Reply Brief in Federal Court
- Re: Enlargements of Time in the First Department
- Requesting Oral Argument: Procedural Aspects in the New York Appellate Division
- Are you complying with the Second Department’s new requirement to hyperlink your digital brief to all case citations?