Blog Post For : California Supreme Court
California Appellate Courts and Time from Briefing to Decision — When will Oral Argument take place? When will the Court of Appeal file its Opinion?
These are questions clients ask their attorneys, and the attorneys ask me. These questions are not so easy to answer. It depends on the Court, the court’s case load and the complexity of the issues in the appeal in question. It’s a process that takes time. After the appeal is fully briefed, the court will issue a Notice regarding oral argument. The First Appellate District’s Notice indicates that if the Notice is not returned within 10 days by either party stating argument is requested, the oral argument will be deemed waived. The First Appellate District Court of Appeal is the…Read more
- Requesting Oral Argument: Procedural Aspects in the New York Appellate Division
- Are you complying with the Second Department’s new requirement to hyperlink your digital brief to all case citations?
- Letter Applications to the Appellate Division: How to File Them
- New York Appellate Division: Final Version of Statewide Practice Rules and Local Rules
- Statewide Practice Rules Will Have Significant Effect on Pending First Department Appeals