Blog Post For : Appellate Division
Appellate Division, Second Department Rules Update
Effective March 8, 2018, the Appellate Division, Second Department updated two provisions of its court rules, as described here. The changes impact procedures regarding (1) orders to show cause and (2) communications with the court regarding new authorities after the case has been calendared. The full version of the Second Departments' rules is available here. Orders to Show Cause and Applications Pursuant to CPLR 5704 It has long been the practice that reasonable notice (usually defined as at least 24 hours) must be given to all parties before an order to show cause is brought in the Second Department. Historically,…Read more
- FRAP Rule Amendment: You now have 21 days, up from 14 days, to file a Reply Brief in Federal Court
- Re: Enlargements of Time in the First Department
- Requesting Oral Argument: Procedural Aspects in the New York Appellate Division
- Are you complying with the Second Department’s new requirement to hyperlink your digital brief to all case citations?
- Letter Applications to the Appellate Division: How to File Them