Blog Post For : § 670.5
Appellate Division, Second Department Rules Update
Effective March 8, 2018, the Appellate Division, Second Department updated two provisions of its court rules, as described here. The changes impact procedures regarding (1) orders to show cause and (2) communications with the court regarding new authorities after the case has been calendared. The full version of the Second Departments' rules is available here. Orders to Show Cause and Applications Pursuant to CPLR 5704 It has long been the practice that reasonable notice (usually defined as at least 24 hours) must be given to all parties before an order to show cause is brought in the Second Department. Historically,…Read more
- The New York Appellate Division, Fourth Department announces expansion of e-filing categories starting October 1, 2019
- What Does it Mean to “Settle” a Transcript?
- Supplementing the Record on Appeal Versus Enlarging the Scope of the Record in the New York Appellate Division, Second Department
- Applications for Expedited Relief in the Appellate Division, First Department
- Perfecting Appeals in the Appellate Term First Department