Blog Post For : § 670.20
Appellate Division, Second Department Rules Update
Effective March 8, 2018, the Appellate Division, Second Department updated two provisions of its court rules, as described here. The changes impact procedures regarding (1) orders to show cause and (2) communications with the court regarding new authorities after the case has been calendared. The full version of the Second Departments' rules is available here. Orders to Show Cause and Applications Pursuant to CPLR 5704 It has long been the practice that reasonable notice (usually defined as at least 24 hours) must be given to all parties before an order to show cause is brought in the Second Department. Historically,…Read more
- Mandatory E-Filing expands in the Appellate Division Fourth Department
- Appellate Division Second Department E-Filing Expands to Queens and Richmond Counties
- Journey Into the Digital Age of Appellate Division Practice: An Exploration of 2018 Rule Developments
- Unavailability for Oral Argument Dates in the Appellate Division, First and Second Departments: What to Do
- Not So Fast! California Appellate Courts’ TrueFiling 3.0 Upgrade is on Hold for All Courts but Two.