The Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has amended Local Rule 31.2(a)(2), effective June 13, 2019, which governs the time to file reply briefs. Click here for the order adopting the amendment. IT IS HEREBY ORDERED, that the Local Rules of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, following the 30-day public comment period prescribed by 28 U.S.C. § 2071(b) and Fed. R. App. P. 47(a)(l), are amended as follows, effective immediately: L.R. 31.2 Briefing Schedule; Regular and Expedited Appeals Calendars * * * * * * * * * (2) Reply Brief. A reply brief must be filed…Read more
The First Department is expanding the categories of appeals that will be subject e-filing. Beginning on July 15, 2019, e-filing will be mandatory in the following case types originating in the Supreme Court, Bronx and New York Counties: Medical, Dental or Podiatric Malpractice Other Professional Malpractice In addition, beginning on July 15, 2019, the Court will permit voluntary, consensual e-filing in all other tort matters originating in the Supreme Court, Bronx and New York Counties. All parties to an appeal must consent to the voluntary participation in e-filing. Expansion of mandatory e-filing in malpractice matters and the consensual e-filing in other tort matters will…Read more
- Amendment to the Local Rules of the Second Circuit
- The First Department is expanding the categories of appeals that will be subject to e-filing.
- AppealTech to present appellate program at the offices of Rosenberg & Estis
- AppealTech will be exhibiting at the 2019 NYSBA Annual Meeting
- Fourth Circuit Offices in Richmond are closed on Mon., Dec. 10, 2018, due to inclement weather