New York Appellate Division: Final Version of Statewide Practice Rules and Local Rules
As was announced earlier this year, Statewide Practice Rules of the New York Appellate Division will become effective on September 17, 2018. Although the basic rules were published earlier, all of the final revisions have been made. The final version of the Statewide Practice Rules is available here.
Each of the four departments of the Appellate Division will continue to have local rules, though significantly fewer than in the past. Here are links to all four sets of local rules:
- First Department: Local Rules
- Second Department: Local Rules
- Third Department: Local Rules
- Fourth Department: Local Rules
AppealTech is in contact with the Clerk’s Offices in all four departments to ensure a smooth transition to the new rules. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you have regarding these rules and how they will impact your appellate practice.
- Mandatory E-Filing expands in the Appellate Division Fourth Department
- Appellate Division Second Department E-Filing Expands to Queens and Richmond Counties
- Journey Into the Digital Age of Appellate Division Practice: An Exploration of 2018 Rule Developments
- Unavailability for Oral Argument Dates in the Appellate Division, First and Second Departments: What to Do
- Not So Fast! California Appellate Courts’ TrueFiling 3.0 Upgrade is on Hold for All Courts but Two.