New York Appellate Division: Final Version of Statewide Practice Rules and Local Rules
As was announced earlier this year, Statewide Practice Rules of the New York Appellate Division will become effective on September 17, 2018. Although the basic rules were published earlier, all of the final revisions have been made. The final version of the Statewide Practice Rules is available here.
Each of the four departments of the Appellate Division will continue to have local rules, though significantly fewer than in the past. Here are links to all four sets of local rules:
- First Department: Local Rules
- Second Department: Local Rules
- Third Department: Local Rules
- Fourth Department: Local Rules
AppealTech is in contact with the Clerk’s Offices in all four departments to ensure a smooth transition to the new rules. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you have regarding these rules and how they will impact your appellate practice.
- FRAP Rule Amendment: You now have 21 days, up from 14 days, to file a Reply Brief in Federal Court
- Re: Enlargements of Time in the First Department
- Requesting Oral Argument: Procedural Aspects in the New York Appellate Division
- Are you complying with the Second Department’s new requirement to hyperlink your digital brief to all case citations?
- Letter Applications to the Appellate Division: How to File Them