New York Appellate Division: Final Version of Statewide Practice Rules and Local Rules
As was announced earlier this year, Statewide Practice Rules of the New York Appellate Division will become effective on September 17, 2018. Although the basic rules were published earlier, all of the final revisions have been made. The final version of the Statewide Practice Rules is available here.
Each of the four departments of the Appellate Division will continue to have local rules, though significantly fewer than in the past. Here are links to all four sets of local rules:
- First Department: Local Rules
- Second Department: Local Rules
- Third Department: Local Rules
- Fourth Department: Local Rules
AppealTech is in contact with the Clerk’s Offices in all four departments to ensure a smooth transition to the new rules. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you have regarding these rules and how they will impact your appellate practice.
- New York Appellate Division: Final Version of Statewide Practice Rules and Local Rules
- Statewide Practice Rules Will Have Significant Effect on Pending First Department Appeals
- Appellate Division, Second Department expands e-filing to Suffolk County cases!
- Look for Expanded E-filing Categories for the Fourth Department Starting July 1
- When can an Appellee file an Appellee’s Supplemental Appendix in the Second Circuit?