Blog Post For : California State Courts of Appeals
TrueFiling 3.0 is Coming to the California Appellate Courts. Get Ready to Upgrade.
On February 1st, the California Supreme Court and the Courts of Appeal announced on their web sites that ImageSoft, the operator of TrueFiling, will upgrade to TrueFiling 3.0. This will occur over a few months, starting with the First Appellate District on February 25, 2019. The Sixth District will transition on March 4th. The Third and Fifth Districts transition on March 11th. All three divisions of the Fourth District transition on March 18, 2019. The Second District transitions on March 28th and the Supreme Court transitions on April 1st. After the transition dates you will need to activate a new account in…Read more
California Appellate Courts and Time from Briefing to Decision — When will Oral Argument take place? When will the Court of Appeal file its Opinion?
These are questions clients ask their attorneys, and the attorneys ask me. These questions are not so easy to answer. It depends on the Court, the court’s case load and the complexity of the issues in the appeal in question. It’s a process that takes time. After the appeal is fully briefed, the court will issue a Notice regarding oral argument. The First Appellate District’s Notice indicates that if the Notice is not returned within 10 days by either party stating argument is requested, the oral argument will be deemed waived. The First Appellate District Court of Appeal is the…Read more
- TrueFiling 3.0 is Coming to the California Appellate Courts. Get Ready to Upgrade.
- FRAP Rule Amendment: You now have 21 days, up from 14 days, to file a Reply Brief in Federal Court
- Re: Enlargements of Time in the First Department
- Requesting Oral Argument: Procedural Aspects in the New York Appellate Division
- Are you complying with the Second Department’s new requirement to hyperlink your digital brief to all case citations?