TrueFiling 3.0 is Coming to the California Appellate Courts. Get Ready to Upgrade.
On February 1st, the California Supreme Court and the Courts of Appeal announced on their web sites that ImageSoft, the operator of TrueFiling, will upgrade to TrueFiling 3.0. This will occur over a few months, starting with the First Appellate District on February 25, 2019. The Sixth District will transition on March 4th. The Third and Fifth Districts transition on March 11th. All three divisions of the Fourth District transition on March 18, 2019. The Second District transitions on March 28th and the Supreme Court transitions on April 1st. After the transition dates you will need to activate a new account in…Read more
FRAP Rule Amendment: You now have 21 days, up from 14 days, to file a Reply Brief in Federal Court
On December 1, 2018, the Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure adopted Amendments to Appellate Rules 8, 11, 25, 26, 28.1, 29, 31, 39, and 41. Significantly, the Amendments to Fed. R. App. P. 28.1 and 31 increase the time for filing reply briefs in appeals and cross-appeals from 14 days to 21 days. Certain Circuit Courts of the U.S. Court of Appeals have further clarified their adoption of the Amendments to Fed. R. App. P. 28.1 and 31 as they relate to their Local Rules. Fourth Circuit: Briefing orders issued on and after December 1, 2018, in civil and agency cases will…Read more
- TrueFiling 3.0 is Coming to the California Appellate Courts. Get Ready to Upgrade.
- FRAP Rule Amendment: You now have 21 days, up from 14 days, to file a Reply Brief in Federal Court
- Re: Enlargements of Time in the First Department
- Requesting Oral Argument: Procedural Aspects in the New York Appellate Division
- Are you complying with the Second Department’s new requirement to hyperlink your digital brief to all case citations?