Effective October 30, 2017 Mandatory Electronic Filing Through TrueFiling Begins in the Second District, with New, Unique Preferred Formatting.
Beginning October 30, the Second Appellate District, California Court of Appeal will require mandatory electronic filing through the TrueFiling system, pursuant to California Rule of Court (CRC) Rule 8.71. Electronic filing is the electronic transmission of a document in electronic form to a court. (CRC Rule 8.70(c)(8).) All attorneys filing in the Second District must register with TrueFiling both for filing and for receiving documents issued by the court. A valid credit or debit card must be added to the user’s TrueFiling account to pay the transaction fees of the system for processing the filing and for payment of filing…Read more
NYSBA Trial Lawyers Section Summer Meeting Review
On August 6-8, 2017, I had the honor of attending the New York State Bar Association’s Trial Lawyer’s Summer Meeting in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Approximately 30 attorneys, many with their families, took the time to gather, share their expertise, and enjoy each other’s company. AppealTech is proud to have co-sponsored the event, including the General Sessions on August 8. The meeting included both time to mingle and network, along with several highly informative CLE programs. On Tuesday, Professor Patrick M. Connors of Albany Law School presented sessions on Ethics and recent CPLR updates. His discussions touched on many areas of interest…Read more
- Effective October 30, 2017 Mandatory Electronic Filing Through TrueFiling Begins in the Second District, with New, Unique Preferred Formatting.
- NYSBA Trial Lawyers Section Summer Meeting Review
- Key tips on how to successfully perfect an Appeal at the Appellate Division First Department
- United States Supreme Court: Are you ready for e-filing?
- Filing Deadlines at the Appellate Division – First Department